|Damage||7 (Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) / 6 (Old-gen console and 3DS versions) (Ranged)|
|Knockback||2 (Very weak)|
|Sell||2 CC (Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) / 3 CC (Old-gen console and 3DS versions)|
|Debuff tooltip||Slowly losing life|
The Flaming Arrow is a type of arrow. It is an upgrade to the Wooden Arrow, dealing slightly more damage and having a chance to inflict the On Fire! debuff on enemies. It emits light when fired or dropped, making it useful for temporary lighting in a cave.
If a Flaming Arrow gets in contact with water, honey, or shimmer(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions), it will no longer emit light or inflict the On Fire! debuff. Its sprite also becomes identical to the Wooden Arrow's sprite.
(Old-gen console and 3DS versions) Flaming Arrows have a chance to be recoverable after hitting a surface or a target. If they remained lit, they have a 1/9 (11.11%) chance to drop as Flaming Arrows and a 2/9 (22.22%) chance to drop as Wooden Arrows. Otherwise, they have a 1/3 (33.33%) chance to drop as Wooden Arrows.
- A full stack of 9999 Wooden Arrows can be upgraded to Flaming Arrows using about 1000 Torches.
- Even if they transform into normal arrows when going under water, they keep their higher base damage, making them still superior to normal arrows in a such case.
- They are useful to players who have not yet acquired the materials to make large amounts of Unholy Arrows or Jester's Arrows, though players with access to the Snow biome will likely prefer Frostburn Arrows, which deal more damage than Flaming Arrows while requiring only Ice Blocks as additional material for crafting.
- (Old-gen console and 3DS versions) When using the Molten Fury with the Endless Quiver equipped, firing will turn the arrows to Flaming Arrows allowing for infinite Flaming Arrows to be acquired.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Recipe changed from 5 to 10 Wooden Arrows.
- Damage increased from 6 to 7.
- Sell price reduced from 3 CC to 2 CC.
- Desktop 1.2:
- Stack limit increased from 250 to 999.
- Recipe changed from 3 to 5 Wooden Arrows.
- Desktop 1.0.5:
- Damage decreased from 7 to 6.
- Recipe changed from 5 to 4 Wooden Arrows.
- After firing, it is possible they may return as Wooden Arrows (undocumented).
- ↑ Information taken from the Desktop 220.127.116.11 source code, method