Jump to navigation Jump to search
Shurikens have a
|Knockback||0 (No knockback)|
|Use time||15 (Very fast)|
|Buy||15 / 20|
|Sell||3 / 4|
- Internal Item ID: 42
- Internal Projectile ID: 3
Shurikens are consumable ranged weapons that can pierce several enemies. Shurikens can be found in Pots and Chests around the world, and can be purchased from the Merchant for 15 each.
Shurikens have a
50*1/2 (50%) chance of being retrievable again after use, even if they have hit enemies.
- Like boomerangs, Shurikens can be thrown through single-block-thick walls, at certain angles.
- As Shurikens both pierce and are affected by gravity, they can be thrown upwards to damage an enemy multiple times.
- Since Shurikens are easy to obtain, they are an effective early-game weapon. They are a good alternative to arrows, if the player does not have a bow.
- Even after getting a bow, they can remain relevant due to their ability to pierce multiple targets.
- In the official Japanese Terraria wiki, the Shuriken is referred to in two different writing systems, them being:
- The Katakana writing system which is also used in the official Japanese port.
- The Kanji writing system.
- Star Anise, a similar, more powerful variant found during Christmas.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Weapon type changed from Throwing to Ranged.
- Can no longer be retrieved after using.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Buy/sell values reduced from 20 / 4 to 15 / 3.
- Weapon type changed from Ranged to Throwing.
- Desktop 1.2: Stack limit increased from 250 to 999.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.