Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Internal Item ID: 23
Gel is a common crafting material dropped by most slimes and Slimed Zombies. Gel is vital due to it being an ingredient in Torches, and is used regularly from the beginning stages all the way through to endgame scenarios. It is also used as ammunition for the Flamethrower and the Elf Melter, and can therefore be stored in the player's inventory ammo slots.
- Though the tooltip says 'tasty and flammable', Gel cannot be eaten. The only edible item it is used in is the Lesser Healing Potion.
- Gel will appear different colors in the player's inventory depending on what color Gel was first looted in a particular stack by that player, i.e. appearing as green rather than its original blue.
- If two differently colored stacks of Gel are combined, the new stack takes on the color of the stack put onto the other, no matter the stack size.
- Gel will always appear as blue on Item Frames. However, hovering over the Item Frame shows an unobtainable gray-colored Gel.
- The Quick stack animation always shows blue Gel.
- Gel color will return to blue if the player drops or places it on an Item Frame and picks it back up or exits a world and rejoins.
- Gel can be produced by players using Slime Statues, timers, lava, or traps.
- While nearly worthless on its own, Gel can be monetized much more effectively (about 5 per 1000) with a Solidifier and 1 piece of wood for each 6 Gel, by making Slime Candelabras. See the Making Money guide for full details.
- Black Slimes do not drop their own color of Gel, unlike many other slimes.
- The "tasty" part in its tooltip may be a reference to the fact that gelatin is often used in different foods. It could alternatively reference its use in crafting Lesser Healing Potion.
- Umbrella Slimes are the only source of Gel that is not guaranteed to drop it all the time, having only a 97.78% chance of dropping Gel instead of a 100% chance. However, they are still high enough to successfully farm Gel.
- Desktop 1.4.4: Now used to craft Molotov Cocktails.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Now used to craft Sticky Dirt Bombs.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Gel can now be different colors depending on the type of slime killed.
- Now used to craft Sticky Dynamite.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Now used to craft Sticky Grenades.
- Desktop 1.2.3: No longer used to craft Lesser Mana Potions.
- Desktop 1.2.2: Became ammunition for the Elf Melter.
- Desktop 1.2:
- Stack limit raised from 250 to 999.
- Now used to craft Slime Blocks and Asphalt Blocks.
- Desktop 1.1:
- Stack limit raised from 99 to 250.
- Now used to craft the Slime Crown.
- Became ammunition for the Flamethrower.
- Desktop 1.0.2: Now used to craft Sticky Bombs.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console 1.08: Now used to craft Sticky Grenades.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.