- Internal Item ID: 3335 (Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
This article is about the Expert-exclusive consumable. For the breakable background object found in the Crimson, see Crimson Heart
. For the breakable background object found in the Corruption, see Shadow Orb
The Demon Heart is an Expert Mode consumable item obtained from the Wall of Flesh's Treasure Bag. It permanently grants the player an extra accessory slot, for use only within Expert and Master worlds. This effect does not stack and may only be used once per player. If a player opens the Wall of Flesh's Treasure Bag after they have already consumed a Demon Heart, another one will not be obtained.
When a player who consumed a Demon Heart is in a Classic Mode world (a non-Expert/Master world), the extra accessory slot is disabled, removing all functional or display effects from any items equipped in the slot, and darkening the slot itself. Players in Classic worlds are also prevented from equipping items in the sixth or seventh slot, though an equipped item in the slot may still be taken out, and placed back into the Inventory.
- If a player equips wings in the extra slot(s) while in Expert/Master Mode, then goes back to a Classic world, the immunity to fall damage is still applied.
- The Demon Heart is one of the few Expert Mode items that cannot be equipped in any accessory or equipment slots, the others being the three parts needed to craft the Minecart Upgrade Kit (and the Minecart Upgrade Kit itself).
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Fixed issue where new characters could have the 6th accessory slot unlocked.
- ↑ Information taken from the Desktop 184.108.40.206 source code, method
Terraria.Player.cs. There may be inaccuracies, as the current Desktop version is 220.127.116.11.