Jump to navigation Jump to search
|AI Type||Slime AI|
|Coins||15Pre-Hardmode: 3750Hardmode: 3750Post-Plantera: 30|
- Internal NPC ID: 667
The Golden Slime is a rare enemy found in Celebrationmk10 and get fixed boi worlds. It spawns in Forests, as well as in the underground and cavern layers, similar to Pinky. It hops more frequently than normal slimes, and emits golden sparkles around itself. When hit, it releases several non-collectable, cosmetic coins.
Like most other slimes, the Golden Slime will be passive towards any player with the Royal Gel accessory equipped.
It is one of the few entities that can be detected by the Lifeform Analyzer or its upgrades.
- The Golden Slime has a
0.56*1/180 (0.56%) chance of spawning in place of any standard slime as opposed to the regular 0.25*1/400 (0.25%) chance for a golden critter to spawn in place of the standard one.
- The Golden Slime is not required for the Gelatin World Tour achievement.
- The Golden Slime, Pirate's Curse, Jungle Mimic, and the Spiked Slime are the only killable enemies without Bestiary entries.
- The Golden Slime, Spiked Slime, Baby Slime, Slimeling, Crystal Slime, Heavenly Slime, and Bouncy Slime are the only slimes without their own banner.
- It is tied with the Pinky for having the lowest knockback resistance of all enemies, beating the Slimer without wings at double the vulnerability.
- The Golden Slime and Pinky are the only enemies in the game to have negative knockback resistance in Master Mode.
- The Golden Slime drops the largest number of coins of any enemy in Terraria, even more than the Mimic.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Now affected by the Royal Gel.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Console 188.8.131.52.0: Introduced.
- Switch 184.108.40.206.0: Introduced.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11.0: Introduced.