Jump to navigation Jump to search
|AI Type||Slime AI|
|Banner||Mother Slime Banner|
|Coins||75Pre-Hardmode: 187Hardmode: 150Post-Plantera: 3|
- Internal NPC ID: 16
The Mother Slime is a type of slime that is found in the Cavern layer. It spawns 1-3 Baby Slimes upon death, and like all slimes, drops Gel. It is one of the largest ordinary slimes in the game, only topped by King Slime, Queen Slime, and the Rainbow Slime.
Like most other slimes, the Mother Slime will be passive towards any player with the Royal Gel accessory equipped.
- Similarly to Baby Slimes and Black Slimes, the Mother Slime blends slightly with the background of the Cavern layer, making it difficult to detect. As such, it can often catch players off-guard.
- Once Hardmode begins, the spawn rate of Mother Slimes will drop drastically; they will usually fail to spawn at all.
Gelatin World Tour • “Defeat every type of slime there is!”
Defeat at least one of every type of slime.
- Explosive weapons, especially Grenades, work well when fighting the Mother Slime. The explosion will almost certainly damage/kill the baby slimes it spawns upon death.
- The Bestiary entry for the Mother Slime: "Critical to the lifecycle of the slime species, these oversized jiggling masses are often found carrying their young deep underground."
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Can now drop the Compass and its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.0.5: Now floats in liquids and doesn't make a splash sound when hitting water.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Can now drop the Compass and its own respective banner. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Can now drop the Compass and its own respective banner. ()
- Console-Release: Introduced with mechanics from Desktop 1.0.5.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced with changes up to Desktop 18.104.22.168.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124: Can now drop the Compass and its own respective banner.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced with mechanics from Desktop 1.0.5.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced with mechanics from Desktop 1.0.5.