Spiked Ice Slime

From Terraria Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Spiked Ice Slime
Spiked Ice Slime.gifOld-gen console version and Nintendo 3DS version
Classic mode icon.png Classic
Expert mode icon.png Expert
Master mode icon.png Master
AI TypeSlime AI
Damage12/2442/3663 (contact)
183654 (Ice Spike)
Max Life60/120264/180396
KB Resist0%/10%/20%
BannerSpiked Ice Slime BannerSpiked Ice Slime Banner(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
Immune toFrostbiteFrostburnPoisoned
Inflicts debuffs
Inflicts debuffs
Inflicts debuffs
Debuff tooltipYour movement speed has been reduced
Duration20 seconds40 seconds50 seconds
Debuff tooltipYou can't move!
Chance6.67%10.4% (contact)
5%9.75% (Ice Spike)
Duration1 second2 seconds2.5 seconds (contact)
1.5 seconds2 or 3 seconds2.5 or 3.75 seconds (Ice Spike)
Coins2 SCPre-Hardmode: 5 SCHardmode: 8 SC
Projectile created
Projectile created
Projectile created
  • Ice Spike
    Ice Spike

The Spiked Ice Slime is a type of slime encountered in the Ice biome. The Spiked Ice Slime fires Ice Spikes at the player, and the Ice Spikes and the slime itself always inflict the Chilled debuff, and have a chance to inflict the Frozen debuff.

In Classic Mode, the Spiked Ice Slime only fires one Ice Spike at a time, approximately every 1.5 seconds. In Expert Mode(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions), however, it shoots 6–8 Ice Spikes around itself in a short range.

Like most other slimes, the Spiked Ice Slime will be passive towards any player with the Royal Gel(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions) accessory equipped.


  • In Expert Mode(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions), the Ice Spikes have an additional 4.75% chance of inflicting the Frozen debuff for 2 / 2.5 seconds. Adding this to the regular 5% chance for 3 / 3.75 seconds, the Ice Spikes have a total chance of 9.75% of inflicting the debuff.


Achievement Gelatin World Tour.png
Gelatin World Tour • Defeat every type of slime there is!
Defeat at least one of every type of slime. (Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
Category: Challenger Challenger
Achievement Slimer.png
Slimer • “You have killed every type of slime!”
Defeat at least one of every type of slime. (Old-gen console version)


  • The BestiaryBestiary entry for the Spiked Ice Slime: "This Ice Slime has large ice shards in its mass from excessive exposure to the cold. Somehow, it is able to launch these at its prey."