- Wand of Sparking
- Wand of Frosting
- Gray Zapinator
- Aqua Scepter
- Thunder Zapper
- Space Gun
- Ice Rod
- Golden Shower
- Demon Scythe
- Laser Rifle
- Magic Dagger
- Orange Zapinator
- Sky Fracture
- Shadowflame Hex Doll
- Crystal Serpent
- Leaf Blower
- Frost Staff
- Poison Staff
- Heat Ray
- Venom Staff
- Unholy Trident
- Bubble Gun
- Laser Machinegun
- Charged Blaster Cannon
- Last Prism
- Betsy's Wrath
|Damage||53 / 40 (Ranged)|
|Knockback||0.425 (Extremely weak)|
|Use time||30 (Average)|
|Velocity||25.5 (not affected by ammo)|
|Tooltip||Uses gel for ammo|
Ignores 15 points of enemy Defense
|Debuff tooltip||It's either really hot or really cold. Either way it REALLY hurts|
|Debuff tooltip||Slowly losing life|
- Internal Item ID: 1910
- Internal Buff ID: 324 , 24
- Internal Projectile ID: 85
|1||5.55% - 12.5%12.5% - 50%|
The Elf Melter is a Hardmode, post-Plantera ranged weapon that can be considered an indirect post-Plantera upgrade to the Flamethrower, as it also uses Gel for ammunition. Similar to its predecessor, every press of the ⚒ Use / Attack button consumes 1 / 2 Gel and generates five / six bursts of fire in quick succession that can be spread over an area by moving the cursor while firing. The Elf Melter is dropped from Santa-NK1 during the Frost Moon event with a 5.5% ~ 12.5% (12.5% ~ 50%) chance depending on the current wave.
On the Desktop version, Console version, and Mobile version, the Elf Melter's fire bursts possess unique blue graphics and fly out of the weapon at a high velocity while expanding with time, before disappearing a short distance ahead of the player, creating a cone-like area of effect. The fire has 15 armor penetration, inflicts the Frostbite debuff for 20 seconds, and can pierce through three enemies before dissipating upon hitting a fourth. Additionally, the flame projectile's damage decreases by 15% for each enemy it pierces.
On the Old-gen console version and Nintendo version, the Elf Melter's bursts are straight lines of fire particles, which travel out from the weapon to a short distance ahead of the player before stopping, lingering briefly. The fire inflicts the On Fire! debuff for 20 seconds and can pierce through three enemies before dissipating upon hitting a fourth.
Its best modifier is Unreal. A modifier granting +10% speed will increase the number of flame streams per click from six to seven while still consuming 2 Gel. A modifier with added velocity will increase the range of each stream, i.e. by about 5 tiles for +15% and about 3 tiles for +10%.
- When the player is holding the Elf Melter, a reddish-colored fuel tank appears on their back. This can interfere with the appearance of several accessories, such as wings. The Leaf Blower, Heat Ray, and Clentaminator also have this feature.
- Water, honey, and Shimmer stop the Elf Melter's projectiles, although it will hit enemies just under the liquid's surface, and it will not fire at all while underwater. The Elf Melter's flames can pass through lava, but will not fire from within lava.
- Pink Gel cannot be used as ammo, and therefore cannot be used with the Elf Melter.
- The Elf Melter bears a strong resemblance to the M2 flamethrower, an iconic weapon from World War II.
- The Elf Melter's internal name is misspelled as
- Desktop 1.4.4:
- Damage reduced from 60 to 53.
- Bursts of flames per shot reduced from 6 to 5.
- Now uses local immunity frames on its projectiles.
- Now has 15 armor penetration.
- Reworked visuals and hitbox size.
- Now inflicts Frostbite instead of On Fire.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Fixed an issue causing Elf Melter to use 2 ammo per use.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- Damage increased from 40 to 60.
- Applies a 15% damage penalty to the next hit for each enemy a projectile pierces.
- Desktop 1.2.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.05: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced.
- 3DS 1.03: Introduced.
- ↑ See Frost Moon for more details on the loot drop rates. Information taken from the Desktop 18.104.22.168 source code, method
Terraria.GameContent.ItemDropRules.Conditions.cs. There may be inaccuracies, as the current Desktop version is 22.214.171.124.