- Wand of Sparking(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Wand of Frosting(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Gray Zapinator(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Aqua Scepter
- Thunder Zapper(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Space Gun
- Ice Rod
- Golden Shower
- Demon Scythe
- Laser Rifle
- Magic Dagger
- Orange Zapinator(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Sky Fracture(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Shadowflame Hex Doll(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Crystal Serpent(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Leaf Blower
- Frost Staff
- Poison Staff
- Heat Ray
- Venom Staff(Desktop, Console, Old-gen console and Mobile versions)
- Unholy Trident
- Bubble Gun
- Laser Machinegun(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Charged Blaster Cannon(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Last Prism(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Betsy's Wrath(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)
- Zapinator(3DS version)
|Knockback||2 (Very weak) (bullets)|
2.5 (Very weak) (rockets)
|Use time||20 (Very fast)|
(see notes for more info)
|Tooltip||66% chance to save ammo|
'The catastrophic mixture of pew pew and boom boom.'
- Vortex Beater
- Vortex Rocket
The Vortex Beater is a Hardmode, post-Lunatic Cultist gun that fires bullets at a very high rate and in an inaccurate manner, similar to the Gatligator, but within approximately a 25° angle rather than the Gatligator's 45° firing pattern. Additionally, it fires homing, explosive cyan rockets every 0.583 seconds, which deal 140% of the weapon's base damage (70 damage). The rocket's explosions do not harm the player. The Vortex Beater also has a 2/3 (66.67%) chance to not consume ammo.
Its best modifier is Unreal. Since it does not benefit from speed modifiers, Godly and Demonic provide the same DPS bonus as Unreal.
|Vortex Beater(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)||Ancient Manipulator(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)|
- The Vortex Beater is unique in that its stated use time does not correspond to its actual fire rate, due to the intricate mechanics of firing the secondary projectile. The bullets' fire rate instead corresponds to a use time of 5 (Insanely fast).
- While the Vortex Beater fires both bullets and rockets, it consumes only bullets as ammunition. It cannot use any form of rocket or explosive as ammunition, and will therefore not benefit from the Shroomite Helmet.
- Due to the inaccuracy of the bullets, the Vortex Beater is somewhat better suited against larger enemies and bosses (which may be immune to the knockback effect of the rockets, however). A better ranged weapon for single-target damage would be the Phantasm.
- Since the rockets do not hurt the user, the Vortex Beater is an ideal gun for close-quarters combat – it has a high DPS (about 1,500 single-target DPS with standard bullets and no damage-enhancing armor or accessories), and the explosions knock enemies back.
- Although the Vortex Beater has an animation of acceleration, it does not actually accelerate the rate of fire. This may indicate that this weapon was originally designed with an accelerating fire rate in mind, just like its counterpart, the Phantasm.
- The Vortex Beater was formerly called the "Blackhole Beater", as seen in a spoiler released on YouTube on May 27th, 2015, 33 days before the release of the 18.104.22.168 update.
- It is one of two firearms in Terraria to feature an operating secondary weapon, the other being the Onyx Blaster.
- After a short delay once the player stops firing, a click of the gun reloading can be heard. However, this has no effect on firing, as the player can fire a continuous stream of bullets without requiring any reloading. This sound effect is used by other shotgun-type weapons, specifically the Onyx Blaster, Boomstick, Shotgun, and Quad-Barrel Shotgun.
- The weapon plays the sound of a shot twice for every bullet fired, proven when the weapon is shot once.
- This, combined with the explosive projectiles, may make it the loudest gun in the game.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Reduced sound volume.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Reduced damage from 70 to 50.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Increased damage from 63 to 70.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11: Introduced.