Wand of Frosting

From Terraria Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Desktop versionConsole versionMobile version
Desktop/Console/Mobile-Only Content: This information applies only to the Desktop, Console, and Mobile versions of Terraria.
Wand of Frosting
  • Wand of Frosting item sprite
Stack digit 1.png
Damage15 (Magic)
Knockback0 (No knockback)
Critical chance14%
Use time26 (Average)
TooltipShoots a little frost
RarityRarity level: 1
Sell15 SC
Research1 required
Inflicts Debuff
Debuff tooltipIt's either really hot or really cold. Either way it REALLY hurts
Duration2–3 seconds
Projectile created
  • Frost

The Wand of Frosting is an early pre-Hardmode magic weapon and the direct upgrade to the Wand of Sparking. It fires a blue spark along a parabolic curve, traveling about 16 tiles before dissipating. The spark can pierce one enemy and has a 1/2 (50%) chance to inflict the Frostburn debuff for 2 seconds (2/3 (66.67%) chance) or 3 seconds (1/3 (33.33%) chance). The Wand of Frosting deals no knockback, but it has a base 14% critical strike chance as opposed to the usual 4%.

Its best modifier is Demonic or Deadly, with the former granting improved critical strike chance and the latter granting improved speed. It cannot get modifiers that affect knockback or mana cost.



ResultIngredientsCrafting station
Wand of FrostingWand of Frosting(Desktop, Console and Mobile versions)By Hand
The Wand of Frosting being used against Target Dummies.


  • In don't dig up and Get fixed boi seeds, the Wand of Frosting receives the following changes due to the Wand of Sparking being Hardmode-exclusive:
    • Damage increased from 15 to 42.
    • Use time decreased from 26 to 10.
    • Mana cost increased from 2 to 6.
    • Velocity increased from 7 to 12.
    • Inflicts Frostbite instead of Frostburn.
    • Value increased from 75 SC to 25 GC25 SC.


  • This weapon and the Wand of Sparking are tied for having the lowest mana usage of any magic weapon in the game; not considering the Space Gun or the Gray/Orange Zapinator coupled with Meteor armor (which costs 0 mana).
  • This weapon and the Wand of Sparking are the only "wands" which are magic weapons; aside from the cosmetic Bubble Wand, the other items with "wand" in their name are all used to place blocks.