Scourge of the Corruptor
The Scourge of the Corruptor in use.
The Scourge of the Corruptor is a Hardmode post-Plantera melee weapon that fires projectiles. It is always found inside the Dungeon's Corruption Chest in Corruption worlds. A Corruption Key is needed to open the Corruption Chest.
The Scourge of the Corruptor fires an Eater's Bite, a fast javelin head that looks like a small Eater of Souls, then splits into 2–4 or 15 (see Notes) / 2–5 Tiny Eaters upon impact with a solid block or enemy. These smaller projectiles have homing capabilities, can travel approximately 350 tiles, and ricochet up to 5 times before dissipating. Both the Eater's Bite and Tiny Eaters are unaffected by gravity.
Its best modifier is Godly or Demonic. Both modifiers increase the average damage output by the same amount.
- The Tiny Eaters deal 75% base damage (52 base damage).
- On Old-gen console, they deal 70% base damage (44 base damage).
- On 3DS, they deal 55% base damage (31 base damage).
- The Tiny Eaters also deal 35% / 30% base knockback (a knockback of 1 (Extremely weak)).
- The number of Tiny Eaters spawned each time is determined randomly as displayed in the following table. Afterwards, there is a
1*1/100 (1%) chance for the number of Tiny Eaters spawned to be set to 15.
|33.33*1/3 (33.33%) |
|72.9*729/1000 (72.9%) 81*81/100 (81%)
|33.33*1/3 (33.33%) |
|24.3*243/1000 (24.3%) 18*9/50 (18%)
|33.33*1/3 (33.33%) |
|2.7*27/1000 (2.7%) 1*1/100 (1%)
|0.1*1/1000 (0.1%) |n/a
- The Scourge of the Corruptor is a melee weapon and benefits from armor and accessories that provide melee debuff bonuses, such as Frost armor or Beetle armor and the Fire Gauntlet, as well as the effects of flasks.
- Tiny Eaters home in on Mimics and Nymphs before they become hostile.
- When shot at a one-tile thick wall from the right or below, there is a chance for the Tiny Eaters to spawn on the other side of it.
- Tiny Eaters do not damage Cobwebs, critters, or Target Dummies.
- Like all homing projectiles, Tiny Eaters do not home in on players, even while in PvP.
- It is impossible to obtain the Scourge of the Corruptor on Crimson worlds, as these lack a Corruption Chest. Instead, the Dungeon has a Crimson Chest containing Vampire Knives.
- In Celebrationmk10 worlds, the Scourge of the Corruptor can be found with the normally-incompatible Legendary modifier. The size boost will not take effect, though it is still the best modifier possible.
- When used with the Magma Stone or its upgrades, Flask of Fire, Flask of Cursed Flames, Flask of Ichor, etc., the Scourge of the Corruptor is quite effective at illuminating caves.
- Although the Tiny Eaters' knockback is miniscule, in large numbers their combined knockback can keep enemies at bay.
- The weapon can be repeatedly fired at a nearby surface like the ground to release a continuous and considerably large swarm of Tiny Eaters.
- Despite the word scourge often meaning a multi-lashed whip used for punishment, the Scourge of the Corruptor is not a whip; but rather a javelin according to its tooltip.
- Scourge is also used to refer to someone or something that causes great trouble or suffering.
- The weapon's firing sound and impact sound do not occur at the same rate, and will become misaligned as it is fired.
- Despite its name, the Scourge of the Corruptor does not deal extra damage to Corruptors.
- Its name could be interpreted that it is from a Corruptor.
- Desktop 1.4.4:
- Tiny Eaters now move and track enemies faster.
- The average number of Tiny Eaters has been increased from 2.67 to 3, and the number is a much simpler 2-4 range.
- Now has a
1*1/100 (1%) chance to spawn 15 Tiny Eaters.
- Desktop 1.4.1:
- Damage increased from 64 to 70.
- Damage of Tiny Eaters increased from 70% to 75% base damage.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Sprite updated.
- Maximum number of Tiny Eaters spawned from each shot decreased from 5 to 4, and average number increased from 2.3 to 2.67.
- Desktop 1.2.3:
- Damage increased from 57 to 64.
- Damage of Tiny Eaters increased from 55% to 70% base damage.
- Knockback of Tiny Eaters increased from 30% to 35% base knockback (This made no functional difference due to rounding).
- Maximum number of Tiny Eaters spawned from each shot increased from 4 to 5, and average number increased from 2.2 to 2.3.