- Wand of Sparking
- Wand of Frosting
- Gray Zapinator
- Aqua Scepter
- Thunder Zapper
- Space Gun
- Ice Rod
- Golden Shower
- Demon Scythe
- Laser Rifle
- Magic Dagger
- Orange Zapinator
- Sky Fracture
- Shadowflame Hex Doll
- Crystal Serpent
- Leaf Blower
- Frost Staff
- Poison Staff
- Heat Ray
- Venom Staff
- Unholy Trident
- Bubble Gun
- Laser Machinegun
- Charged Blaster Cannon
- Last Prism
- Betsy's Wrath
|Damage||45 / 40 (Melee)|
|Use time||11 (Very fast) /|
7 (Insanely fast)
- Internal Item ID: 1324
- Internal Projectile ID: 272
The Bananarang is a Hardmode boomerang. It returns to the owner once it hits an enemy, comes in contact with a block, or reaches its maximum range. The Bananarang can be dropped by Clowns, which spawns during Blood Moons.
On the Desktop version, Console version, and Mobile version, the Bananarang is not stackable, and can be thrown rapidly, with a maximum of 10 Bananarangs being thrown out at the same time. Its drop chance is
10*1/10 (10%). Its best modifier is Godly or Demonic. Both modifiers increase the average damage output by the same amount.
On the Old-gen console version and Nintendo version, Bananarangs can be stacked up to 10 in one slot. The bigger the stack is, the more can be thrown out at the same time. Their drop chance is
3.33*1/30 (3.33%), and they drop in stacks of 1–4. The Bananarang cannot be reforged, and therefore cannot have modifiers.
- The Bananarang does not autofire on the Old-gen console version.
- In contrast to Light Discs, Bananarangs do not ricochet and do not travel quite as far. However, the larger stack size and low delay between throws means that a player can keep a greater number of projectiles in the air at once.
- The Bananarang is able to be obtained as early as the first Blood Moon in Hardmode, yet inflicts more damage than most Adamantite and Titanium weapons.
- Bananarang is a portmanteau of the words banana and boomerang.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Sell value decreased from 15 to 12.
- Desktop 1.4.4:
- Is now a single item, not 10 stacked items. As a result, it can now have modifiers.
- Sell value increased from 750 to 15.
- Damage reduced from 55 to 45.
- Increased drop chance from
3.33*1/30 (3.33%) to 10*1/10 (10%).
- Desktop 1.4.1:
- Use time decreased from 14 to 11.
- Increased both the projectile speed and the return speed of the Bananas.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Now autoswings.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- Increased damage from 40 to 55.
- Increased use time from 7 (Insanely Fast) to 14 (Very Fast).
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.