- Wand of Sparking
- Wand of Frosting
- Gray Zapinator
- Aqua Scepter
- Thunder Zapper
- Space Gun
- Ice Rod
- Golden Shower
- Demon Scythe
- Laser Rifle
- Magic Dagger
- Orange Zapinator
- Sky Fracture
- Shadowflame Hex Doll
- Crystal Serpent
- Leaf Blower
- Frost Staff
- Poison Staff
- Heat Ray
- Venom Staff
- Unholy Trident
- Bubble Gun
- Laser Machinegun
- Charged Blaster Cannon
- Last Prism
- Betsy's Wrath
|Knockback||2 (Very weak)|
|Use time||30 (Average)|
|Tooltip||Your summons will focus struck enemies|
Strike enemies with blazing energy
Blazing energy explodes from enemies hit by summons
- Internal Item ID: 4912
- Internal Buff ID: 323
- Internal Projectile ID: 913
(Wall of Flesh)
(Wall of Flesh)
The Firecracker is a Hardmode whip that is dropped by the Wall of Flesh with a
12.5*1/8 (12.5%) / 25*1/4 (25%) chance. Like other whips, it causes minions and sentries to focus on the last-struck enemy.
If the Firecracker hits multiple targets in a single attack, the damage dealt by each consecutive hit will be reduced by 33%.
The Firecracker also inflicts the Hellfire debuff for 4 seconds to all targets struck.
When minion or sentry attacks an enemy marked by the Firecracker, a small explosion will occur, and the enemy takes 2.75 times the damage from the minion/sentry's attack. The explosion also hits nearby enemies for 1.75 times the damage. The mark can only be applied to one enemy per strike, and will not repeat itself until the enemy is struck again.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
- Like the Dark Harvest, the Firecracker forgoes summon tag damage for a special on-hit effect. Its effect is very different, as it scales with the minion's base damage and its own attack speed rather than the attack speed of the minion. This makes it more potent than the Cool Whip when actively attacking, but unlike the Spinal Tap or Snapthorn, it does not provide lingering damage bonuses.
- With attack speed bonuses, e.g. via Feral Claws upgrades, this whip can achieve very high DPS with most minions. However, due to its relatively low range and summoners' generally poor defense, it will require more skill on dodging attacks to use it as a main weapon.
- Due to its unique tag multiplier effect, the whip can remain viable even after Moon Lord has been defeated.
- It pairs well with other whips that temporarily increase melee speed on hit, such as Snapthorn and Durendal, as higher attack speed means it can re-apply its tag more often.
- This weapon produces light when swung, making it helpful for revealing caves and ores through walls.
- Because the Firecracker's effect multiplies damage dealt instead of giving an additive tag damage increase, it works best with minions that have high base damage. It is particularly effective when paired with the Desert Tiger Staff, Abigail's Flower or the Stardust Dragon Staff, due to their unique ability to increase minion damage based on the number of slots invested in them.
- On the contrary, minions that hit rapidly with low base damage such as Enchanted Daggers and UFOs pair poorly with this whip.
- Desktop 1.4.4:
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Reduced explosion proc damage from 3× of minion base damage to 2.75×.
- Desktop 1.4.1: Range slightly increased.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
- Console 126.96.36.199.4.1: Introduced.
- Switch 188.8.131.52.5: Introduced.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206.0: Introduced.