The Daedalus Stormbow in action.
The Daedalus Stormbow is a Hardmode bow which rains arrows down from the sky, instead of firing them from the bow itself. Each shot fires three arrows with an additional
33.33*1/3 (33.33%) chance to spawn one extra arrow (one less arrow while using Holy, Unholy, Hellfire, or Jester's Arrows), while only consuming a single arrow from the player's inventory. The arrows fall in a wide spread towards the area the cursor was pointed. The Daedalus Stormbow has a 25*1/4 (25%) chance to be dropped by Hallowed Mimics.
Its best modifier is Unreal.
- Arrows fired by this bow cannot be retrieved; they are always destroyed on impact.
- The closer the cursor is to the bottom of the screen, the more accurate the arrows are, and the closer it is to the top, the less accurate. This allows focusing down a strong enemy or cluster of enemies, or to shoot arrows to hit more spread out enemies.
- If fired at the top of the map, the bow will only shoot one arrow at a time.
- The Meteor Staff can be considered a magic counterpart to the Daedalus Stormbow. The spawned meteors produce an explosion upon impact, similarly to Hellfire Arrows. The lack of universality that comes with Stormbow’s ability to fire any type of arrow is offset by the Staff being easier to obtain, as it is crafted from Meteorite Bars and regular Hallow enemy drops instead from being dropped by a Hallowed Mimic.
- On the Console version, the bow will point upwards instead of towards the cursor.
- Arrows shot with the Daedalus Stormbow have a tendency to impact and be blocked by terrain or other objects above the target (much like the Starfury). It is therefore best used in wide open areas, especially at the surface, rather than in confined areas.
- The Daedalus Stormbow synergizes tremendously well with Holy Arrows as each arrow fired will summon two stars. This combination is outstandingly powerful during early Hardmode, especially against large enemies and bosses like the mechanical bosses, most notably The Destroyer (although there are slightly more powerful alternatives – see Guide:The Destroyer strategies).
- Due to the fact that the player can fire at enemies from a safe enclosed area, it is a very useful weapon even up to the endgame.
- The Magic Quiver's increase in velocity causes arrows from this weapon to fall faster.
- The Daedalus Stormbow benefits well from Chlorophyte Arrows, due to their ability to bounce off of surfaces. This causes the arrows to fall, bounce back up, (assuming they did not hit any enemies) then fall again, allowing for arrows that missed to get a second chance.
- In Greek mythology, Daedalus was a skillful craftsman and artist and was seen as a symbol of wisdom, knowledge, and power. He invented and built the Labyrinth for King Minos of Crete, but shortly after finishing it, Minos had Daedalus imprisoned within the Labyrinth. He and his son, Icarus, devised a plan to escape by using wings made of wax that Daedalus had invented. They escaped, but Icarus did not heed his father's warnings and flew too close to the sun. The wax melted and Icarus fell to his death.
- The wings that Daedalus crafted were made of feathers and curved to look like those of a bird. Fittingly, the Daedalus Stormbow's limbs appear as a pair of feathery wings.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Damage reduced from 43 to 38.
- When using Holy, Unholy, Hellfire, or Jester arrows, the bow shoots an average of 2.66 arrows per second instead of the normal average of 3.33 arrows per second.