- Wand of Sparking
- Wand of Frosting
- Gray Zapinator
- Aqua Scepter
- Thunder Zapper
- Space Gun
- Ice Rod
- Golden Shower
- Demon Scythe
- Laser Rifle
- Magic Dagger
- Orange Zapinator
- Sky Fracture
- Shadowflame Hex Doll
- Crystal Serpent
- Leaf Blower
- Frost Staff
- Poison Staff
- Heat Ray
- Venom Staff
- Unholy Trident
- Bubble Gun
- Laser Machinegun
- Charged Blaster Cannon
- Last Prism
- Betsy's Wrath
|Damage||55 / 35 (Magic)|
|Mana||9 / 12|
|Use time||15 (Very fast) /|
20 (Very fast)
|Tooltip||Summons unholy fire balls|
|Debuff tooltip||Losing life|
- Cursed Flame (friendly)
- Internal Item ID: 519
- Internal Buff ID: 39
- Internal Projectile ID: 95
The Cursed Flames is a Hardmode magic weapon that auto-fires ricocheting green fireballs that move quite similarly to those from the Flower of Fire or Flower of Frost, are affected by gravity, and set enemies on fire with the Cursed Inferno debuff.
Cursed Flames auto-fires at a rate of 4 / 3 attacks per second. Its fireballs can ricochet four times, dissipating on their fifth impact, and pierce enemies two times, dissipating on the second enemy hit. They are also highly luminous, and can travel through water without slowing, making them useful for cave exploration.
The Cursed Flames is the Corruption counterpart to the Crimson's Golden Shower, and the Hallow's Crystal Storm.
Crafting the Cursed Flames requires ingredients found only in worlds containing Corruption, however, you can get Corrupt Seeds on Crimson worlds from the Dryad, allowing the ability to build an artificial Corruption biome and farm the resources.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
- The Cursed Flames's ricocheting, combined with its piercing ability, means that it is possible to hit an enemy twice by bouncing the projectile into an enemy that has been hit before.
- The weapon is extremely similar to the Flower of Frost. Compared to it, the Cursed Flames pierces multiple times, autofires, and inflicts a similar / much stronger debuff, but has lower single target DPS.
- A projectile that may not initially hit the intended target might hit it after ricocheting off of a surface due to the fact that it bounces four times without losing its velocity.
- With the ability to bounce and pierce, the Cursed Flames are especially effective against Skeletron Prime, as they can damage multiple limbs and the head at the same time. Note that Skeletron Prime's limbs are vulnerable to the Cursed Inferno debuff.
- The attack of the Cursed Flames is similar to that of the one Spazmatism uses in its first form.
- The Cursed Flames' fireballs resemble the same fireball projectiles used by Clingers. However, the Cursed Flames' fireballs are capable of ricocheting off solid blocks rather than immediately dissipating from contact with them as is the case with Clingers.
- The projectile of the Cursed Flames bears a resemblance to an ancient Byzantine incendiary weapon called "Greek fire", which instantaneously ignited invading ships, and was unable to be doused by water.
- Desktop 1.4.4: Damage increased from 50 to 55.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124:
- Damage increased from 36 to 50.
- Use time decreased from 20 to 15.
- Mana cost decreased from 12 to 9.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Damage increased from 35 to 36.
- Crafting requirement of Cursed Flame reduced from 30 to 20.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Mana cost lowered from 14 to 12.
- Desktop 1.2: Crafting requirements reduced from 20 to 15 Souls of Night.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.