- Wand of Sparking
- Wand of Frosting
- Gray Zapinator
- Aqua Scepter
- Thunder Zapper
- Space Gun
- Ice Rod
- Golden Shower
- Demon Scythe
- Laser Rifle
- Magic Dagger
- Orange Zapinator
- Sky Fracture
- Shadowflame Hex Doll
- Crystal Serpent
- Leaf Blower
- Frost Staff
- Poison Staff
- Heat Ray
- Venom Staff
- Unholy Trident
- Bubble Gun
- Laser Machinegun
- Charged Blaster Cannon
- Last Prism
- Betsy's Wrath
Brand of the Inferno
|Use time||20 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Right click to guard with a shield|
|Buff tooltip||400% increased damage for next melee strike|
|End of parry|
The Brand of the Inferno is a Hardmode sword dropped by the Ogre mini-boss during the Old One's Army event. It has a
25*1/4 (25%) chance of inflicting the Hellfire debuff for 5 seconds.
With any equipped shield (including the Squire's Shield, but not Huntress's Buckler) and holding this weapon, pressing the ⚷ Open / Activate button will cause the character to brace for the next attack. When timed correctly, just before taking a hit, the enemy's attack will be parried (see Notes for details about the parry), dealing some damage to the attacker and granting the Striking Moment buff for the next 5 seconds. This allows the next melee attack to deal 5 times the damage. Alternatively, if the shield is held in place, 20 defense is temporarily gained; this lasts until the shield is once again lowered.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
- Parrying an attack will prevent the contact damage to the player, and deal 200% of the contact damage to the attacking enemy and apply a knockback of 5 (Average), and grant the player 30 (60 with Cross Necklace equipped) immunity frames.
- The Brand of the Inferno's parry ability can only be used to parry contact damage from enemies. Fall damage, lava damage, enemy projectiles, and traps will still harm the player.
- It can, however, reduce damage from these sources with the 20 defense gained while pressing the ⚷ Open / Activate button.
- Parrying in Journey Mode with Godmode enabled will do nothing.
- The act of gaining the Striking Moment buff and switching to a more powerful weapon like Meowmere has potential for massive damage.
- In the inventory, the sword's loops appear hollow. However, while being used, the loops are filled with flame. This is purely a graphical difference.
- The Brand of the Inferno has similarities to the Tizona in regard to blade design and name (Tizona means firebrand).
- Sergeant United Shield, another weapon that can parry attacks.
- Desktop 1.4.4:
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Use time decreased from 25 to 20.
- Desktop 1.4.1: Size increased by 13%.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Damage increased from 44 to 85.
- Desktop 1.3.4: Introduced.
- Console 1.17: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.1096.2: Introduced.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124.0: Introduced with changes from Desktop 126.96.36.199.