- Wand of Sparking
- Wand of Frosting
- Gray Zapinator
- Aqua Scepter
- Thunder Zapper
- Space Gun
- Ice Rod
- Golden Shower
- Demon Scythe
- Laser Rifle
- Magic Dagger
- Orange Zapinator
- Sky Fracture
- Shadowflame Hex Doll
- Crystal Serpent
- Leaf Blower
- Frost Staff
- Poison Staff
- Heat Ray
- Venom Staff
- Unholy Trident
- Bubble Gun
- Laser Machinegun
- Charged Blaster Cannon
- Last Prism
- Betsy's Wrath
|Use time||20 (Very fast)|
- Magnet Sphere Ball
- Magnet Sphere Bolt
- Internal Item ID: 1266
- Internal Projectile ID: 254, 255
The Magnet Sphere is a Hardmode, post-Plantera magic weapon that casts a glowing sphere where the player aims. It has a
0.33*1/300 (0.33%) / 0.67*599/90000 (0.67%) chance to be obtained from the Blue Armored Bones, Rusty Armored Bones and Hell Armored Bones in the post-Plantera Dungeon.
When cast, it fires a slow cyan sphere that travels in a straight line and zaps nearby enemies, unimpeded by liquid or other non-solid obstacles in its path and can bounce off tiles. The sphere will rapidly shoot beams at the closest enemy as it travels through the air. It will disappear if it has been in the air for more than 15 / 11 seconds or has gone 52 tiles. If the player casts another sphere while there is already one in the air, the previous one will fade away.
Its best modifier is Ruthless. The Mythical modifier provides the widest array of stat bonuses, but the only stats that improve damage output are damage and critical chance. Switching to a different magic weapon causes existing projectiles to use that weapon's critical chance instead, meaning that the Magnet Sphere's DPS is optimized with the Ruthless modifier when used in the intended way.
- The sphere fires projectiles at a rate equal to a use time of 9.
- The sphere moves farther when it has a modifier reducing speed.
- Like homing weapons, the Magnet Sphere's orb will not fire on other players in PvP, though the orb itself will deal damage on contact.
- The book that the player holds out while casting can damage certain entities, including several not normally targeted by a regular weapon.
- The Magnet Sphere's orb will fire on disguised Mimics.
- Desktop 1.4.4:
- Duration increased from 11 to 15 seconds.
- Now bounces off of walls instead of the sphere vanishing.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Reduced velocity.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Does not mistakenly inflict the Venom debuff anymore.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Reduced velocity. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Reduced velocity. ()
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced with changes up to Desktop 220.127.116.11.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168: Reduced velocity.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.