Jump to navigation Jump to search
Red DevilHardmode exclusive
|AI Type||Bat AI|
160320480 (Unholy Trident)
|Banner||Red Devil Banner|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- 2% / 1.33%
- Internal NPC ID: 156
Not to be confused with the pre-Hardmode enemy, the Demon.
The Red Devil is a Hardmode enemy that spawns in The Underworld after any mechanical boss has been defeated. It is considered a more difficult version of the Demon, having more health and dealing much more damage. Similar to the Demon, it drops a magic weapon resembling its means of attack, the Unholy Trident.
While the contact damage of a Red Devil is comparably low, its trident attack is capable of dealing large amounts of damage even to players wearing endgame armor. The tridents are fired in the same burst-like pattern that Demons fire scythes in, although they are slower and move at a constant velocity.
- Red Devils will spawn prior to Hardmode if a mechanical boss is defeated prior to the Wall of Flesh.
- In the Getfixedboi and Don't dig up Secret world seeds, Red Devils will drop the Flower of Fire instead of the Unholy Trident.
- Due to their relatively low knockback resistance, they can be easily stun-locked with rapid-fire weapons, such as Megashark or Chain Gun. However, this method still allows them to fire tridents.
- Their projectiles are extremely powerful in Master Mode, often being able to kill the player in one or two hits even with high defense.
- If close enough, it is recommended to take the contact damage from the Red Devil in order to use the invulnerability to dodge the tridents fired, especially when playing the melee class.
- The Bestiary entry for the Red Devil: "Conjuring potent spears of dark magic, these elite demons are a serious threat to any who dare enter their abode."
- Desktop 1.4.4: Fire Feather drop rate increased from 1/75 to 1/50.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Can now drop the Hotdog.
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124:
- Sprite updated.
- Now has its own unique banner.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Now has a chance to drop a Demon Banner.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.