|AI Type||Passive Worm AI|
- Internal NPC ID: 487
Buggy is one of three critters that occasionally spawn in the Jungle or Underground Jungle biome when a player breaks a background plant, the others being Sluggy (more common) and Grubby (most common). Buggy is the rarest of the three. Buggy has only 5 health and no defense, and can be damaged by other enemies and players.
Buggy can be caught with any Bug Net to be carried around in the inventory and released later, or crafted into animated decorative furniture (Buggy Cage). Once crafted, the Buggy cannot be released again.
Buggy can be used as bait for fishing, with 40% bait power.
Buggy can be spawned by the Buggy Statue, however statue-spawned critters cannot be caught with any Bug Net, and will disappear in a puff of smoke when the player attempts to do so.
|Buggy Cage||By Hand|
|Grub Soup||Cooking Pot|
|Buggy Statue||Heavy Work Bench and Ecto Mist|
- Since Buggy is the rarest Jungle bug critter, it is the only one with a rarity, while Sluggy and Grubby have rarities.
- The Bestiary entry for Buggy: "A vibrant beetle-like bug. Fish are extremely attracted to these."
- Desktop 1.3.1: Can now be used to craft Buggy Statues.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199: Introduced.