|AI Type||Slime AI|
- Internal NPC ID: 377
The Grasshopper is a type of critter that can be found when destroying grass plants. Grasshopper has only 5 health and no defense, and can be damaged by other enemies and players.
Grasshopper can be caught with any Bug Net to be carried around in the inventory and released later, or crafted into animated decorative furniture (Grasshopper Cage). Once crafted, the Grasshopper cannot be released again.
Grasshopper can be used as bait for fishing, with 10% bait power.
Grasshopper can be spawned by the Grasshopper Statue, however statue-spawned critters cannot be caught with any Bug Net, and will disappear in a puff of smoke when the player attempts to do so.
On the Desktop version, Console version, and Mobile version, there is a
0.25*1/400 (0.25%) chance for a Gold Grasshopper to spawn in place of an ordinary one.
|Grasshopper Cage||By Hand|
|Grasshopper Statue||Heavy Work Bench and Ecto Mist|
- The chance for a Grasshopper to spawn is
1*1/100 (1%) when destroying short grass plants, and 2*1/50 (2%) when destroying tall grass plants. It can only spawn if there are no more than 4 other Grasshoppers currently nearby.
- Because they follow the Slime AI, they can float in water.
- In the Old-gen console version, Grasshoppers are completely immune to damage from players.
- The Bestiary entry for the Grasshopper: "It leaps tall blades of grass in a single bound. Fish are fairly attracted to these."
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Can now be used to craft Grasshopper Statues.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced.
- Console 1.07: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.
- Bait items
- Crafting material items
- Consumable items
- Desktop content
- Console content
- Old-gen console content
- Mobile content
- 3DS content
- Items of rarity 0
- Forest NPCs
- Critter NPCs
- Slime AI NPCs
- Recipes table with unexpected total number of rows
- Pages with information based on outdated versions of Terraria's source code