|AI Type||Passive AI|
- Internal NPC ID: 361
The Frog is a harmless critter that spawns on the surface Jungle at any time. Frog has only 5 health and no defense, and can be damaged by other enemies and players.
Frog can be caught with any Bug Net to be carried around in the inventory and released later, or crafted into animated decorative furniture (Frog Cage). Once crafted, the Frog cannot be released again.
Frog can be spawned by the Frog Statue, however statue-spawned critters cannot be caught with any Bug Net, and will disappear in a puff of smoke when the player attempts to do so.
On the Desktop version, Console version, and Mobile version, there is a
0.25*1/400 (0.25%) chance for a Gold Frog to spawn in place of an ordinary one.
On the Desktop version, Console version, and Mobile version, Frogs are able to swim at water surface, and Mystic Frogs have a
3.33*1/30 (3.33%) chance to spawn in place of an ordinary one.
|Frog Cage||By Hand|
|Froggle Bunwich||Cooking Pot|
|Sauteed Frog Legs|
|Frog Statue||Heavy Work Bench and Ecto Mist|
- As it is by far the most common naturally spawning critter (i.e. not spawned from destroyed ambient objects), Jungle Towns will often be inundated with them.
- The Bestiary entry for the Frog: "Prefers bodies of water filled with thick growth. Perfectly content both on land and underwater."
- Desktop 1.4.4: Sell value of Frogs reduced from 15 to 10. Their food recipe sell values have also been reduced proportionally.
- Desktop 1.4.3: Now used to craft the Froggle Bunwich.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Can now swim at water surface.
- Now used to craft the Sauteed Frog Legs.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Can now be used to craft Frog Statues.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Introduced.
- Console 1.06: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced.