Jump to navigation Jump to search
|AI Type||Swimming AI|
- Internal NPC ID: 607
The Pupfish is a critter that spawns infrequently in bodies of water in the Desert biome. Unlike many critters, Pupfish are capable of spawning on-screen.Verify Pupfish has only 5 health and no defense, and can be damaged by other enemies and players.
Pupfish can be caught with any Bug Net to be carried around in the inventory and released later, or crafted into animated decorative furniture (Pupfish Bowl). Once crafted, the Pupfish cannot be released again.
|Pupfish Bowl||By Hand|
- Much like the Terraria critters, real-life pupfish are usually only found in intense conditions and isolated locations, such as the rare Devils Hole pupfish which is only found in its namesake, a water-filled cave in Nevada.
- Unlike the Gold Fish Bowl, the Pupfish Bowl is not an armor or accessory item, nor is the Pupfish a consumable food ingredient.
- The Bestiary entry for the Pupfish: "These fish prefer isolated, extreme climates where competition is scarce, such as the lakebeds of a desert oasis."
- Desktop 1.4.2: Fixed an issue where Pupfish were sometimes spawning in the Ocean.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Console 188.8.131.52.4.1: Introduced.
- Switch 184.108.40.206.5: Introduced.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11.0: Introduced.