Jump to navigation Jump to search
|AI Type||Fighter AI|
|Banner||Face Monster Banner|
|Coins||2Pre-Hardmode: 5Hardmode: 4|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Internal NPC ID: 181
The Face Monster is an enemy that can be found in the Crimson. Like other Crimson enemies, it drops Vertebra fairly often. New players should be cautious around it, as while it appears to be similar to the common Zombie, it is considerably more resistant to knockback, being able to do damage to a player even while being repeatedly attacked with most starting weapons. Unlike Zombies however, Face Monsters will not despawn during daytime.
- The Face Monster is able to open doors regardless of whether there is currently a Blood Moon or not.
- Even though it appears to be 4 tiles tall, it can fit through 3-tile spaces.
- There is no Corruption counterpart for this enemy, unlike the Crimera, which has the Eater of Souls as its counterpart.
- – According to the official game lore, the Face Monster once was a worshipper and/or sacrifice to the Crimson, raising it to the level of deity and giving it human sacrifices, which it accepted, turning them to mindless, loyal servants of the hivemind.
- On the Nintendo version, the Face Monster's idle sound effect can be heard randomly in game at any time, even when there are no Face Monsters present. This is uncommon, however.Verify
- The Bestiary entry for the Face Monster: "It would be unwise to face off with one of these unfeeling, hungry mutations. Their mouths are large enough to devour all things."
- Desktop 1.4.4: Monster Meat drop rate reduced from 1/1000 to 1/1500. In Don't Starve seeds, changed from 1/200 to 1/500.
- Desktop 1.4.3: Now drops the Tentacle Spike and the Monster Meat.
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Now has new sound effects originally unimplemented.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.