Jump to navigation Jump to search
|AI Type||Fighter AI|
|Banner||Granite Golem Banner|
|Coins||5Pre-Hardmode: 1250Hardmode: 10|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Granite Block (5–10)100%
- Internal NPC ID: 482
This article is about the enemy in Granite Caves. For the post-Plantera boss, see Golem. For the rare, resilient enemy from the Snow biome, see Ice Golem.
The Granite Golem is an enemy found only in Granite Caves. Every few seconds, it will shield itself from all attacks for two seconds, making it completely invulnerable. It can still deal damage to players during this invulnerable state should they walk into it. Like the Granite Elemental, it will always drop a small amount of Granite Blocks.
- The Granite Golem enters its invulnerable state every five seconds; hitting it reduces the current cooldown period by 0.25 seconds. It can only enter the invulnerable state if it is standing on any kind of surface.
- The player will know they are near a Granite Cave if they are able to hear the grunts the Granite Golem occasionally emits.
- Granite Golems can be summoned by activating a Granite Golem Statue with Wire. This can be a very useful way of farming them for Geodes, which drop gems, and the Night Vision Helmet, which sells for 1 each.
- Until 1.3.5, enemies had an unused internal name. The Granite Golem's name was Grolem, a portmanteau of granite and golem, in similar style to the Granite Elemental's Grelimental.
- The Bestiary entry for the Granite Golem: "Strong are the magicked spirits which inhabit the granite masses deep below, this type in particular taking on a humanoid shape."
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Now has a 5% chance of dropping the Geode, and a 2% chance of dropping the Spaghetti food item.
- Desktop 1.3.5: Changed inconsistent banner name from "Grolem Banner" to "Granite Golem Banner".
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11: Introduced.