Jump to navigation Jump to search
|AI Type||Snail AI|
- Internal NPC ID: 360
For non-Glowing Mushroom biome critter, see Snail.
The Glowing Snail is an uncommon critter that only spawns in Glowing Mushroom biomes. It is also quite large compared to its normal counterpart. Glowing Snail has only 5 health and no defense, and can be damaged by other enemies and players.
Glowing Snail can be caught with any Bug Net to be carried around in the inventory and released later, or crafted into animated decorative furniture (Glowing Snail Cage). Once crafted, the Glowing Snail cannot be released again.
Glowing Snail can be used as bait for fishing, with 15% bait power.
Glowing Snail can be spawned by the Snail Statue, however statue-spawned critters cannot be caught with any Bug Net, and will disappear in a puff of smoke when the player attempts to do so.
|Glowing Snail Cage||By Hand|
|Snail Statue||Heavy Work Bench and Ecto Mist|
- Glowing Snails are more likely to spawn in an Underground Glowing Mushroom biome, however, since they will almost always be killed by other enemies, it is advisable to look for them in Surface Glowing Mushroom biomes instead.
- Before Hardmode, Glowing Snails are about twice as common, but can only appear above the surface. An artificial biome will need to be made to benefit from their increased spawn rate.
- Glowing Snails are able to spawn during a Blood Moon, and will benefit from the increased spawn rates. However, they are extremely likely to be killed by enemies.
- 1-tile high spaces allow Glowing Snails some degree of safety from enemies too big to fit, meaning more compact Glowing Mushroom farms also improve their odds of surviving to be captured.
- Glowing Snails sell for 50, so regularly checking Glowing Mushroom biomes for them can be an efficient way to make money.
- The Bestiary entry for the Glowing Snail: "A snail that has mutated to adapt to the glowing mushroom environment. Fish are significantly attracted to these."
- Despite the claim in this entry, the Glowing Snail only has 15% bait power.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Can now be used as bait.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Introduced.
- Console 1.06: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced.