Jump to navigation Jump to search
|AI Type||Snail AI|
- Internal NPC ID: 359
The Snail is a rather rare critter that spawns in the Underground and Cavern layer. Snail has only 5 health and no defense, and can be damaged by other enemies and players.
Snail can be caught with any Bug Net to be carried around in the inventory and released later, or crafted into animated decorative furniture (Snail Cage). Once crafted, the Snail cannot be released again.
Snail can be used as bait for fishing, with 10% bait power.
Snail can be spawned by the Snail Statue, however statue-spawned critters cannot be caught with any Bug Net, and will disappear in a puff of smoke when the player attempts to do so.
|Snail Cage||By Hand|
|Snail Statue||Heavy Work Bench and Ecto Mist|
- Snails seem to spawn frequently in the Jungle Temple.
- Snails are also found in the Underground Jungle and sometimes in Glowing Mushroom biomes.
- Snails in Terraria only have two eye stalks, unlike snails in real life, which have two eye stalks and two feeling stalks.
- The Bestiary entry for the Snail: "A slimy mollusk that thrives in damp, dark places. Fish are barely attracted to these."
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Now used to craft the Escargot.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Can now be used as bait.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Introduced.
- Console 1.07: Can now be used as bait.
- Console 1.06: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced, can be used as bait.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced, can be used as bait.