Jump to navigation Jump to search
Sand PoacherHardmode exclusive
|AI Type||Fighter AI (ground)|
Spider AI (on wall)
|Banner||Sand Poacher Banner|
|Debuff tooltip||Losing life|
|Duration||4 seconds8 seconds10 seconds|
The Sand Poacher is a Hardmode enemy that spawns in the Underground Desert biome. Similar to a Spider, it will follow and attempt to make contact with the player to attack, and is capable of climbing walls.
Note that when on walls, the Sand Poacher's speed increases drastically, making escaping more difficult for the player. Given that the entirety of the Underground Desert is covered with walls, the player should always be cautious.
- It resembles a large version of the Black Scorpion critter.
- The fact that the Sand Poacher may drop a Fried Egg upon death could be a play on words, as one way to cook eggs is to "poach" them.
- The Bestiary entry for the Sand Poacher: "These unnaturally large scorpions have adapted to swiftly pursuing their prey along the walls with their sharp, venomous tails."
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Now drops the Fried Egg.
- Reduced debuff duration from 4–8 seconds to 4 seconds.
- Desktop 1.3.5: Fixed inconsistent naming for the banner (was Ravager Scorpion Banner).
- Desktop 1.3.3: Now inflicts the Acid Venom debuff.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11: Introduced.