|AI Type||Fighter AI|
|Debuff tooltip||Slowly losing life|
|Chance||66% (spit attack)|
|Coins||120Pre-Hardmode: 3Hardmode: 240Post-Plantera: 480|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
Salamander is an enemy found in the Cavern layer. It has nine color variants that all share identical stats and behavior. Salamander can spit projectiles that inflict the Poisoned debuff.
Salamanders are unique in that their ability to spawn is connected to two other enemies: the Crawdad and the Giant Shelly. Of these three enemies, a world will choose two types that it can spawn, leaving the third inaccessible. Salamanders will never spawn in a world that features both Crawdads and Giant Shellies together. This is taken into account by the Bestiary progression logic (the missing enemy will register as unlocked when the other two exclusive creatures are unlocked) and the banner acquisition (any two of the trio's banners can be used to craft the banner of the missing member of the trio).
- The salamander is actually a real-world amphibian organism.
- Despite Salamanders having different colors, the Salamander Banner is always the same color.
- The Bestiary entry for the Salamanders: "An unusual amphibious bipedal lizard which inhabits the dark caverns. When threatened, it spews a highly corrosive acid everywhere."
- Desktop 1.4.4: Any 2 of Salamander/Shelly/Crawdad Trio's banners can be used to craft the banner of the missing member of the trio.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Now has a
1.33*1/75 (1.33%) chance of dropping Potato Chips.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168: Introduced.