|AI Type||Dragonfly AI|
- Internal NPC ID: 595–601
Dragonflies are small, rare critters that can be found near large bodies of water which have sufficient amounts of cattails on the surface of the water, during the day when it is not raining, and there is low wind speed. When approached, they will fly a short distance up and away from the player.
Dragonflies spawn in air within a small radius of cattails. Desert cattails spawn the Black, Orange and Yellow variants, whereas Forest cattails spawn the Blue, Green and Red variants. Unlike many critters, dragonflies are capable of spawning on screen.Verify
Dragonflies have only 5 health and no defense, and can be damaged by other enemies and players.
Dragonflies can be caught with any Bug Net to be carried around in the inventory and released later, or crafted into animated decorative furniture (Dragonfly Jars). Once crafted, the Dragonflies cannot be released again.
Dragonflies can be spawned by the Dragonfly Statue, however statue-spawned critters cannot be caught with any Bug Net, and will disappear in a puff of smoke when the player attempts to do so.
There is a
0.25*1/400 (0.25%) chance for a Gold Dragonfly to spawn in place of an ordinary one.
Internal Item ID: 4340
Internal Item ID: 4334
|10||20%||595||Only spawns in Desert.|
Internal Item ID: 4335
|10||20%||596||Only spawns in Forest.|
Internal Item ID: 4336
|10||20%||597||Only spawns in Forest.|
Internal Item ID: 4337
|10||20%||598||Only spawns in Desert.|
Internal Item ID: 4338
|10||20%||599||Only spawns in Forest.|
Internal Item ID: 4339
|10||20%||600||Only spawns in Desert.|
- Dragonflies can build up their speed over time and easily outstrip players, even those with Hermes Boots or its various tinkers.
- The speed they can build up is immense, up to 83 mph.
- If there is air space underneath a submerged cattail, it is possible for the dragonfly to spawn in said air space. The type of dragonfly spawned is determined by the type of cattail.
- If looking to farm dragonflies, it is advised to make space for more cattails to grow, since the critter appears to spawn directly from the cattail itself.
- Due to the immense speed the dragonflies can build up, the player should leave themselves some space to accelerate before attempting to catch a dragonfly.
- The Bestiary entry for the dragonflies: "A swift-flying insect which hunts mosquitoes. Comes in a variety of colors. Fish are somewhat attracted to these."
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Console 188.8.131.52.4.1: Introduced.
- Switch 184.108.40.206.5: Introduced.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11.0: Introduced.