Jump to navigation Jump to search
|AI Type||Caster AI|
|Banner||Dark Caster Banner|
|Coins||140Pre-Hardmode: 350Hardmode: 560|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Internal NPC ID: 32
Dark Casters are enemies encountered in the Dungeon. They follow the Caster AI, firing three projectiles before teleporting to another on-screen location. Their water bolt projectiles travel through walls, but can be destroyed with a single hit from any weapon.
- The Water Spheres damage receives a massive increase in Expert Mode Hardmode, dealing over 100 damage to endgame characters.
- The Water Spheres reveal the map as they travel, even while traveling through solid blocks. Therefore, Dark Casters can be used to map areas just outside the dungeon walls.
- Water Spheres look nearly identical to the Water Bolt spell. Be careful when using the Water Bolt in the Dungeon, in case the two are mixed up.
- Water Spheres can pass through blocks, while the Water Bolt projectiles cannot. If it passes through blocks, it is a hostile projectile.
- The Bestiary entry for the Dark Caster: "Doomed to watch over the Dungeon, these mages teleport to confuse their prey, before striking them down with a blast of water."
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Can now drop Tally Counter.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.1: No longer immune to On Fire! debuff.
- Desktop 1.0.6: Dark Casters can now drop more than one Bone and rarely a Golden Key.
- Desktop 1.0.5: A longer delay was added between the 3-shot volley and the next teleport.
- Desktop 1.0.3: Sprite updated. Previous one was
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.