Jump to navigation Jump to search
|AI Type||Corite AI|
- Internal NPC ID: 418
The Corite is a Hardmode, post-Lunatic Cultist enemy spawned by the Solar Pillar during the Lunar Events. It is a flying enemy that can shroud itself in fire and charge towards the player at high speeds, and travels through blocks.
- As long as a Corite is dashing, its acceleration will continuously rise until it either makes too much of a curve or if it contacts the player.
- Corites are a major threat to players on the ground; they can always charge the player, while they spend much of their time unreachable by many weapons. High mobility is important, keeping away from Corites and dodging their attacks, while not staying airborne long enough to draw the attention of Crawltipedes. It would be recommended to jump just before they hit the player, as that is one of the few ways to avoid them.
- The Bubble Gun, in conjunction with sufficient damage and critical hit rate bonuses and the Spectre armor (with the Spectre Mask), is capable of dealing damage rapidly enough to kill individual Corites before they can reach the player. It must be fired early so that there are lingering bubbles that the Corite will dive into.
- The Corite resembles a stronger, Hardmode variant of a Meteor Head.
- The Bestiary entry for the Corite: "Resembling a large, sentient meteorite, Corites are infused with celestial energy and will charge at anything that moves."
- Desktop 1.4.4:
- Corites' spawn rate is reduced by half.
- Corites no longer charges at the player from significantly off screen.
- Corites now have a brief wind up animation before they charge, and charge speed is slightly slower.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Corites can now travel through liquids to attack players.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Fixed Corites not charging at players who are unreachable.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52: Introduced.