|AI Type||Passive AI|
- Internal NPC ID: 300
The Mouse is a critter that spawns in Underground and Cavern layers. Their small size and speed can make them difficult to spot even in well-lit conditions, although they occasionally squeak. Mouse has only 5 health and no defense, and can only be damaged by players.
Mouse can be caught with any Bug Net to be carried around in the inventory and released later, or crafted into animated decorative furniture (Mouse Cage). Once crafted, the Mouse cannot be released again.
Mouse can be spawned by the Mouse Statue, however statue-spawned critters cannot be caught with any Bug Net, and will disappear in a puff of smoke when the player attempts to do so.
On the Desktop version, Console version, and Mobile version, there is a
0.25*1/400 (0.25%) chance for a Gold Mouse to spawn in place of an ordinary one.
|Mouse Cage||By Hand|
|Mouse Statue||Heavy Work Bench and Ecto Mist|
- Unlike most critters, nearby town NPCs do not increase the spawn rate of Mice.
- The Bestiary entry for the Mouse: "Mice squeak around harmlessly, looking for small insects in damp underground locations."
- Desktop 1.3.1: Can now be used to craft Mouse Statues.
- Desktop 1.2.3:
- Desktop 1.2.1:
- Enemies can no longer damage Mice.
- Mice can no longer spawn in The Underworld.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced.