|AI Type||Fighter AI|
|Max Life||3000/6000/9000 |
|Banner||Pirate Captain Banner|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Internal NPC ID: 216
The Pirate Captain is a Hardmode enemy which appears during a Pirate Invasion. Upon being within line of sight of the player, he attacks using an assault rifle-like gun that shoots at a speed comparable to the Minishark, then stops to fire a single cannonball from its underbarrel mounted cannon while stationary. The cannonball has a short range and detonates upon impact with blocks, much like those fired from the Flying Dutchman, and deals immense amounts of damage, especially in Expert Mode and Master Mode. The Pirate Captain is immune to knockback.
On the Desktop version, Console version, and Mobile version, a Pirate's Curse will be spawned when a Pirate Captain is killed. It will slowly drift towards the player through walls much like Wraiths.
He is one of the few entities that can be detected by the Lifeform Analyzer or its upgrades. The Pirate Captain requires 25 kills to be awarded completion of his Bestiary entry and corresponding banner, as opposed to the usual 50 kills.
- Only one Pirate Captain can exist at a time, but multiple can spawn over the course of an invasion.
- He does not attack if there are solid blocks in the line of sight.
- Like the Flying Dutchman, the Pirate Captain has a significantly higher chance to drop the rare items than other enemies, so focusing on him will help obtain said items. Compared to the other pirates, the Captains yield rare drops about 4 times as often.
- Players may want to focus on taking out other pirates first, as Pirate Captains will spawn again after killing the first one, and make the same amount of progress after being killed.
- The Bestiary entry for the Pirate Captain: "A pirate captain's love for riches is only rivaled by his obsession with heavy gunpowder and large, rampart-shattering cannons!"
- Desktop 1.4.4: Drop rates doubled except for Cutlass.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Can now be detected by the Lifeform Analyzer.
- Now spawns the Pirate's Curse when killed.
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- Health increased from 2000 to 3000.
- Defense increased from 28 to 30.
- Can now drop his own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Drop rates doubled, Pirate Staff added.
- Desktop 1.2.3:
- Now immune to Confused debuff.
- Fixed bug where pirate captains would drop 5 heads as corpse parts and no arms or legs when killed.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.