Jump to navigation Jump to search
|AI Type||Herpling AI|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Internal NPC ID: 177
Derplings spawn on the surface Jungle during the daytime during Hardmode in place of the Giant Flying Foxes which spawn at night. This insect-like enemy jumps high and attempts to land on the player. It can strafe to the sides in mid-air, making it a pain to deal with. It is advised to deal with them quickly, as they spawn fast and can easily overwhelm the player.
- The Derpling is considered to be a counterpart to the Herpling since both have names based on the phrase "herp derp", and have the same AI.
- The Bestiary entry for the Derpling: "These large, sapphire-shelled fleas leap around incessantly. They can drain the blood content of one man within seconds."
- Desktop 1.4.3: Now drops the Glommer's Flower.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Now has a chance to drop the Grapes food item.
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Now has a chance to drop its own exclusive banner.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.19: Sprite updated to match Desktop 1.3.5.
- Console 1.02: Introduced with exclusive enemy banner.
- Switch 1.0.1096.2: Sprite updated to match Desktop 1.3.5.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced with exclusive enemy banner.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168.0:
- Now has a chance to drop the Grapes food item.
- Sprite updated to match Desktop 1.3.5.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced with exclusive enemy banner.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced with exclusive enemy banner.