Jump to navigation Jump to search
Nebula FloaterHardmode exclusive
|AI Type||Nebula Floater AI|
130200300 (Nebula Laser)
|Banner||Nebula Floater Banner|
- Internal NPC ID: 420
The Nebula Floater is a Hardmode, post-Lunatic Cultist flying enemy that spawns near the Nebula Pillar during the Lunar Events. It periodically spawns up to three Nebula Eyes that float around it. If it has a clear line of sight to the player, it will hover in place and start firing pink Nebula Lasers from one of the Nebula Eyes at the player, otherwise it will move towards player through all tiles. It can also do random teleports around the player periodically, and will also attempt to do so with a small chance if it is hit.
- The Nebula Floater is one of the enemies of the Nebula Pillar event that must be paid attention to. They are somewhat common, have frequent ranged attacks, and in groups can overwhelm the player.
- Using weapons that are good for crowd control can come in handy when dealing with large groups of Nebula Floaters. If the Vortex Pillar has already been defeated, the Vortex Beater with Chlorophyte Bullets would be a great weapon of choice.
- The lasers leave a trail on their path, making it easy to tell the location of Nebula Floaters. However, the lasers may be confused with the lines coming from slain enemies, which move towards the Nebula Pillar and are yellow and red in color.
- As Nebula Floaters sometimes teleport when hurt, using a high-damage weapon (such as a Sniper Rifle) may be advisable.
- It is also advisable for the player to not to move too fast, as Nebula Floaters' random teleportation can place themselves close to the player, and player may take contact damage from them before they could react.
- The Bestiary entry for the Nebula Floater: "These brain-like celestial beings have psionic capabilities, phasing through space and summoning powerful optical minions."
- Desktop 1.4.4:
- Introduced a 0.5 second delay after teleportation during which they cannot fire.
- The chance to teleport upon being damaged is reduced from 1/4 to 1/6.
- The maximum number of active Nebula Floaters at any one time is increased from 2 to 3.
- The spawn rate of Nebula Floaters has been doubled, though they cannot exceed their unit cap.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11: Introduced.